- Estate and Tax Planning
- Estate/Trust/Probate Administration
- Business Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- General Corporate Representation
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio, J.D.
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, B.A., Political Science
Admissions and Affiliations
- Washington, DC
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Legal Elite, Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law, Virginia Business
- Legal Assistance Distinguished Service Award, American Bar Association
- Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel, for contributions in connection with the September 11th Pro Bono Legal Relief Project
With over twenty years’ experience, Cassie has established a practice focusing on sophisticated trusts and estates planning and administration, in addition to strategic business planning for individuals and closely-held business owners.
Cassie’s practice primarily involves evaluating and addressing estate, gift, and income tax exposure, addressing probate concerns, and planning for disability, second marriages, minor children, spendthrift beneficiaries, creditor exposure, and special needs beneficiaries. She works with clients to achieve an estate plan that is tailored to their individual needs and goals, while reducing or eliminating unnecessary expenses, taxes and administrative burdens.
Cassie also has extensive experience with estate/trust administration, probate administration, and beneficiary representation. Fiduciary appointments, in which she is appointed as executor or trustee, are accepted on a limited basis.
Additionally, Cassie assists business owners with a variety of business planning needs including the formation, acquisition, operation, and disposition of their business. In many cases, the business and estate plan of the small business owner will be fully integrated into one plan.
Cassie lives in Warrenton, Virginia with her husband and three children.