Prior to passing the Virginia Bar Exam, Katelin T. Moomau worked for the Maryland Independent College and University Association, the Maryland General Assembly and Lobel, Novins and Lamont, LLP. In 2008, she graduated from the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law.
After passing the bar exam, Ms. Moomau began practicing family law and general civil litigation. In 2009, Ms. Moomau joined Rich Rosenthal Brincefield Manitta Dzubin & Kroeger, LLP, as a litigation associate. Ms. Moomau has represents clients in the General District Courts, Circuit Courts and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts in the Northern Virginia area.
She has extensive experience in family law and the litigation of child custody, visitation and support issues; Department of State and military divorce, custody and visitation issues; spousal support; equitable distribution of assets and liabilities; and the negotiation and preparation of marital agreements and property settlement agreements, as well as abuse and neglect proceedings and adoptions. Ms. Moomau also represents LGBT clients in all aspects of family law. Ms. Moomau has a certificate in Mediation Skills and Process from Northern Virginia Mediation Services.
Ms. Moomau volunteers and mentors through various organizations in Alexandria and Fairfax County, including The Fairfax Law Foundation, The Campagna Center, Mount Vernon and the Alexandria Bar Association.
- Family Law– including divorce, custody, visitation, equitable distribution, adoption, name change, relocation cases, Department of State and military divorce and custody, LGBTQ divorce, custody and adoptions and mediation for all types of family law disputes.
- General Civil Litigation.
- McDaniel College, B.S., Magna Cum Laude, with Honors, 2004, Majors:Political Science, International Studies; Minor: French
- Catholic University, Columbus School of Law, J.D. 2008
- Northern Virginia Mediation Services, Certificate, Mediation Skills and Process
Admissions and Affiliations
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Fairfax County Bar Association
- Chair, Lawyer Referral Service, Alexandria City Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Women Attorney’s Association
- Member, Virginia Diversity Bar
- Member, Equality Virginia
2020- 40 Under 40, Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
2020- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Northern Virginia
2020- The Barbara Pratt Lee Heart of Gold Award, The Campagna Center
2004- Best Orator, Maryland Student Legislature
2004- Official Citation for Service, State of Maryland
2019- CLE, Mortgages and Refinance in Family Law: Tips for Drafters
2018- CLE, Third Party Custody Cases
2017- Article, Same Sex Adoption in Virginia