Since the beginning of her legal career, Shannon’s practice has been devoted entirely to family law. Shannon represents clients in divorce related matters, including child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support and alimony, equitable distribution of property, protective orders, and step-parent adoptions.
Shannon has led continuing legal education in domestic relations (Fairfax Bar Association 4th Edition Fairfax Juvenile & Domestic Relations Practice Manual CLE, 2006, Protective Orders; National Business Institute “Handling Divorce Cases from Start to Finish,” CLE 2012) and is an active member of the Fairfax and Alexandria Bar Associations. She is a volunteer conciliator in the Fairfax County Circuit and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts.
Shannon grew up in Fairfax County, and she is a graduate of James Madison High School in Vienna. She returned to Northern Virginia after graduating from the University of Richmond School of Law. Shannon resides in Vienna with her husband and two children.
Fairfax County Bar Association
Alexandria Bar Association
- Mary Washington College , B.A., 1995
- University of Richmond , J.D., 2000
- Associate Editor, University of Richmond Journal of Law and Public Interest, 1999-2000
Admissions and Affiliations
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit