- Architects & Engineers Professional Liability Defense
- Construction Law
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Roger Williams School of Law, J.D.
- Southern Connecticut State University, B.S., Political Science
Admissions and Affiliations
- Virginia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- Washington, District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland District Court
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Alison R. Mullins focuses her practice on all aspects of construction law and civil litigation. She primarily represents architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and owners in technical construction industry matters. Alison advises clients regarding risk management throughout the entire construction project, from the conceptualization of the project and contract negotiations, through post-substantial completion issues. Alison heads the firm’s Construction Law Practice and is a member of the firm’s Commercial/Civil Litigation, Real Estate Transaction, Condo/Homeowner Associations, and Government Contracts teams.
Alison provides clients with thorough risk analysis, evaluation, allocation and management of business practices, in addition to assisting with the preparation and negotiation of contracts. She also provides pre-claim counseling to clients. When disputes arise, she negotiates, mediates, and/or arbitrates contract enforcement issues, and works out payment plans for monetary defaults. She has also tried cases before judges and juries regarding complex civil litigation, including matters involving commercial and residential construction projects.
Alison is a native New Englander and received her J.D. from Roger Williams University School of Law in Bristol, Rhode Island. Before entering the private practice of law, Alison started her legal career as a contracts manager and in-house counsel at a large architectural firm in Northern Virginia. From that experience, Alison has a unique insight and perspective on client needs, and how to meet them.
Alison is active in the legal community. She is on the Board of Governors and Co-Chairperson for the Fall Seminar of the Virginia State Bar Construction and Public Contracts Law Section, an Allied Professional member of the American Institute of Architects, Northern Virginia and District of Columbia Chapters, and the President of the Northern Virginia Chapter of Virginia Women Attorneys Association. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for both Virginia and Washington DC, and as one of Virginia’s Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine.
Alison is an author/co-author of numerous articles in industry periodicals such as AIA Northern Virginia News, AIA DC News, Mid-Atlantic Construction, is a co-author of a chapter in the Virginia Construction Law Deskbook, and is a frequent presenter on the construction industry and legal related topics.
When Alison is away from the office, she enjoys spending time relaxing at home in North Arlington with her husband and boy/girl twins, running marathons, and traveling (especially to Disney).
- Board of Governors and Co-Chair for the Fall Seminar, Virginia State Bar Construction, and Public Contracts Law Section
- Allied Professional Member, American Institute of Architects, Northern Virginia and District of Columbia Chapters
- President, Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Northern Virginia Chapter
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Virginia and Washington DC
- Virginia Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell